At The End of The Trail
By David P. Botsford, C.M.
Edited and compiled by Eleanor Gignac, Linda Beare and Effie Botsford
Illustrations by Yvonne Sinasac
Originally published in a limited edition of 500 in 1985
Searchable files are in .pdf format and may be viewed online if your browser is capable, or right click on a link and choose “save link as..” to download.
A collection of historical notes and anecdotes about the early days of Essex County, Ontario by noted local historian David Patterson Botsford. This book includes many references to local families, properties and businesses which may be of value to those doing genealogical research.
- Indians of Historic Times in the Detroit River Area
- Amherstburg and the War of 1812
- The Settlement of Malden
- Anderdon, Past and Present
- Amherstburg Doctors
- Fall Fairs
- Thomas Edison’s Canadian Collection
- The McCormicks’ Big Feet and the Survey Ship
- Wigle, Fox and Scratch Families of Essex County
- “Nige” Brush’s Race Nag